Scallops with Cilantro PJ Gremolata
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5-9 minutes
- 12 large scallops
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, mince
- Zest 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1- 1 ½ tablespoons Pepper Jelly Heaven (or your heat preference)
1. Pat scallops dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter on medium high heat. When hot, add the scallops and sear to golden on both sides just until cooked through. Turn only once. Be sure not to overcrowd the skillet. You may have to cook the scallops in 2 batches.
3. Prepare the gremolata by combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside until the scallops are ready.
4. When the scallops are ready, plate and sprinkle with the gremolata. Serve immediately.
This recipe works just as well as an entree for 4